NCR REALPOS™ XR8
Proof that big things do come in small packages
The NCR RealPOS XR8 offers power, security and versatility for your stores in one of the smallest form factors in its class.
Fast, reliable checkout
The NCR RealPOS XR8 is powered by Intel® Core™ processor technology and will exceed your expectations whether you use it as a POS terminal or a back-office server. Choose from a range of processor options to best meet the needs of your stores. It’s also available with a single or a dual disk drive option and offers RAID support.
The XR8’s compact design will fit into virtually any retail environment whether you use it under a counter, on the counter or with a peripheral integration tray.
Its classic black colour has a modern appeal, and it coordinates with a full range of peripherals including displays, printers, and scanners.
The XR8’s unique design lets you select either front or rear peripheral connectivity to simplify cabling and accessibility, and all connections are secured by a key lock for increased security. The XR8 offers 11 USB ports, 4 serial ports, and VGA, HDMI and display port to give you the I/O flexibility you need. Also, a PCIe slot is available for even more connectivity options.
Service made easy
The XR8 is built to last with a rugged housing that provides tool-free front access for servicing. On board odometers help proactively monitor the terminal to help minimise downtime.
An image recovery feature lets you quickly and easily restore a saved POS software image with the press of a button.
Lastly, Intel® vPro™ is available with certain models to let you remotely monitor, upgrade, or even repair a terminal.
The bottom line
The NCR RealPOS XR8 is ideal for virtually any retail checkout environment.
You can combine it with NCR’s extensive portfolio of retail peripherals to meet the unique requirements of your stores.
With superior performance, a small package, and dynamic cable routing options, the RealPOS XR8 helps provide an exceptional checkout experience.
• Powerful performance with Intel®’s Q170 Express Chipset and 6th generation processors
• Ruggedized cabinet with front or rear I/O secure connectivity option
• Sleek design with optional peripheral integration tray
• Optional dual disk drive (RAID support)
• Extensive connectivity with 11 USB ports and up to 4 serial ports
• Simple serviceability and advanced systems management capabilities
• NCR DataGuard™ enabled to take advantage of future security enhancements
• Intel® Core™ i5-6500TE, vPro™
• Intel® Core™ i3-6100TE
• Intel® Celeron® G3900TE MOTHERBOARD
• Intel® Q170 Express Chipset
• NCR DataGuard™ enabled
• DDR4 4 to 8 GB memory expandable up to 32GB
• Two memory slots
• 11 USB ports
• (7) 12V powered USB
• (1) 24V Powered USB (printer)
• (3) 5V USB -2 USB 3.0 rear, 1 USB 2.0 front (optional)
• 4 Powered serial ports
• 1 Display port
• 1 HDMI (supports DVI displays with adapter)
• 1 VGA
• 1 PS/2 port
• 1 Cash drawer port
• 1 Amplified audio port
• 1 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN
• Windows® Embedded POSReady 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
• Windows® 7 Professional (32-bit or 64-bit)
• SUSE® Linux® Enterprise for Point-of-Service (SLEPOS)
• Windows 10
• NCR Command Center
• LED Diagnostics
• Image Recovery Button
• PXE Network boot
• Intel® vPro™ Technology (Core™ i5 vPro™ Processor)
– Full Out-of-Band Management
– Intel® Active Management Technology 11.x
– Keyboard-Video-Mouse (KVM) Remote Control
• Intel® Standard Manageability (Core™ i3 Processor)
– Basic Out-of-Band Management
• Width 11.81” or 300mm
• Height 4.28” or 108.7mm* (rear I/O option)
• Depth 11.91” or 302.5mm WEIGHT
• Terminal: 13.85lbs/6.28kg; with UPS weight increases to 20.55 lbs/9.32kg
*The height increases with the front facing I/O configuration to 5.28” or 134.1mm to accommodate cable routing