NCR Realscan 79 & 79E – BI-OPTIC IMAGER
JOIN THE NET WORK WITH A TRULY SMARTER DEVICE
With NCR’s unique Ethernet connectivity*, the RealScan™ 79 is a smart scanner that goes where no scanner has been before—on the network.
In addition to standard point-of-sale (POS) communication, this scanner can be active and aware on the network offering you full streaming video over IP*, image capture, and data metrics.
Also programming is streamlined with smart cloning and configuration over Ethernet*—rolling out new scanners, or updating symbologies doesn’t get any easier.
SECURITY, WE’VE GOT YOUR BACK (AND YOUR FRONT)
NCR’s ScanWatch feature can help increase security at the checkout by streaming live video and images in real-time while scanning.
The RealScan 79 provides a foundation for visual product validation and fraud detection, future proofing your technology investment.
Streaming video over Ethernet* or USB can be fully integrated with your existing store security and loss prevention solution, offering a view you’ve never had before, right where the action is.
The RealScan 79 also has you covered with key features that enable produce recognition for assisting with shortening the picklist, and greater cashier monitoring capability.
NO HARSH RED LIGHTING—AN INVITING DESIGN FOR PERFORMANCE
The NCR RealScan 79’s innovative design incorporates a bold new look full of functionality with edge-to-edge glass to maximize scanning volume for performance.
First impressions count, and NCR’s PureWhite illumination creates a soft white glow which is more inviting and easier on the eyes than traditional red lighting, and also minimizes confusion that multiple red lights can cause.
Perimeter ScanAdvisor lights provide your cashier with instant scan feedback and information on overall scanner health.
Shopper interaction is enhanced with an optional integrated or remote consumer imager*, giving shoppers an intuitive way to scan their mobile phones or loyalty cards without assistance.
WE HATE TO BOAST BUT SCAN VOLUME MATTERS
Not only does the RealScan 79 have six-sided all-imaging scan capability with aggressive top-down performance, but it boasts the largest imaging scan zone in its class.
Increase performance and first pass read rates with NCR’s PACESETTER™ technology which can count, grade, and repair problem bar codes.
Interaction is also clear with ScanDoctor voice feedback, so your cashiers not only see a simple error code when there is an issue, but also hear a friendly reassuring voice guiding them through the process.
THE BOTTOM LINE
The NCR RealScan 79 Bi-Optic Imager is a true game changer and demonstrates what the power of imaging can deliver.
Demand more from your next scanner investment—bar codes are only the beginning.
The RealScan 79’s features for security, vision, and connectivity build the foundation for a strong future for your retail experience.
• Type: Multiple CMOS Array Imager
• Illumination: Multiple diffused PureWhite LED
• Scan zone: All 6 sides/720° with edge-to-edge tower coverage
• Scale Capacity:
– Single Interval: 15 kg in 0.005 kg increment (30 lbs in 0.01 lb increment)
• Maximum static weight: 136kg (300 lbs)
• Price computing scale options available
• RS-232, USB (NCR and IBM/POS), IBM RS-485
• Ethernet connectivity for networking and security*
• Auxiliary ports: RS232 and 2 to 4 USB (Type A) ports*
• EAS interlock ports
• Scale display port
• Ethernet and USB for streaming video
• UPC/EAN with two-digit and five-digit add-on symbols
• Code 128
• Code 39 (3 of 9)
• Interleaved 2 of 5
• Italian Pharmacode
• GS1 DataBar™ (RSS): DataBar Omnidirectional, Stacked Omnidirectional, Expanded, Expanded Stacked
• Code 93
• PDF417 and Micro PDF417
• Micro PDF417
• QR Code and Micro QR Code
• Data Matrix
• High Capacity Color Barcode (HCCB)
• 1D, 2D Composite
• Watermark: Digimarc-enabled*
• Vertical window: Shatter-proof tempered glass
• Lower horizontal: Hurricane glass
• Horizontal top plate:
– Standard: ClearShield glass
Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS)
• Option for Sensormatic® EAS interlock and deactivation coil
• Option for Checkpoint® EAS interlockand integrated antenna
• Option for Nedap® EAS interlock and integrated antenna
• 12V power supply (90–264VAC/47–63Hz)
• 12V terminal power option over Powered USB
• Height (above counter): 17.78 cm (7 in)
• Width: 29.20 cm (11.5 in)
• Depth (below counter): 10.16 cm (4 in)
– Compact Scanner: 35.3 cm (13.9 in)
– Mid-size Scanner/Scale: 39.9 cm (15.7 in)
– Full-size Scanner/Scale: 50.8 cm (20 in)
Peripherals and accessories
• Field upgradeable integrated consumer scanner with left or right configuration*
• Single or dual scale displays
• Optional remote consumer scanner for flexibility at the checkstand
* Denotes optional features that may be available for purchase in some models.
• All-imaging 1D/2D/mobile scanning and support for Digimarc*
• High performance imaging with the largest all-imaging scan zone
• Strong six-sided scanning with aggressive top-down for minimal product orientation
• Ethernet* connectivity to enable a smart data-driven future
• POS communications with serial and USB
• PureWhite illumination for an inviting interaction
• Consumer scanning with an integrated rear scanner* or remote mounted option
• The next generation of PACESETTER technology for 1D and 2D code correction
• NCR ScanDoctor spoken voice guidance and diagnostic feedback
• A flexible footprint for most current checkstands